Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, April 18, 2008

Moon Sand



So this really nice lady tells me about moon sand and how her daughter loves it!  The best thing being that it is not messy like regular sand and it keeps her daughter busy at the kitchen table as she cooks.  Hmmm, I think, this is new, as I would not think it possible to have any kind of non-messy sand.  But this is 2008, and there is a lot of new stuff out there that was not out when my boys were little, so let's get some!  As Anna played happily on the screened porch where I could see her partially through the window and hear her as the door leading to the porch was open, I could hear her singing and could tell she was busy with her sand.  I got some laundry done, the dishes unloaded and reloaded, and even answered some emails.  I'm thinking, yes, moon sand is great!  Then I go to the porch as Anna wants to show me something.  I asked her, "Do we know how the moon sand got everywhere?" Her reply, "Mommy, I was feeding the birds and the ants. They were very hungry!"  Because this is a screened porch I had to vacuum with a shop vac as the moon sand got all in the Trex flooring crevices and in the crevices of the table edge, she even sprinkled sand (I mean "fed the birds and ants") all along the wood trim ledges of the porch. It took me much longer to clean the porch than it did to get all my other chores done so I lost a good 25 minutes on this deal.  I am just glad Will was my voice of reason at Walmart and I did not buy the big, extra bonus bucket of moon sand.  Thank you Will!  Do click on the photo's to enlarge and see the sand and Anna's expressions! These pics came out a bit dark.

4 comments:

~verna said...

Oh, Kristi, Mya got some for Christmas from an aunt who succombed to the same ideas you were told. We used it at my mom's house. Poor mom. Her kitchen was a mess and when we got home, I tossed the moon sand. I hope Mya doesn't tell her aunt but that stuff was not what it is cracked up to be. Live and learn!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

way to crafty for my house ... lol .. have a great Sunday ...

Nikki said...

Oh gosh, remind me NEVER to get that stuff!!!!
AHHHH!
Cute pics, though. I wanna come hang out at your house - what a great room that is!

Steffie B. said...

Look at all that.....lol....yes a for sure outdoor project! She looks mighty happy! ;)

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: