Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from the Beach




I have the back from the beach and back to school BLUES.  We had a great summer and the boys were okay with the return of school today...... but it is me.  I miss them. They are both going out for the school soccer team so I won't see them until 6:00 or 6:30 most days.   I love the freedom of summer.....  late nights, taking our time in the mornings, not paying attention to the clock all the time!  With school in, it seems we have time for dinner, homework then bedtime.  No more late night talks and milkshakes, no more swimming by the light of the moon and waking by our body clock vs. the dreaded alarm!  I think too because the talk of college preparations starts this year for (11th grade) Wesley, I am wanting the summer to last forever so I do not have to face the facts of this next phase and letting him go.  Here are some photos of our recent trip back to the beach. What a blessing to be able to use my parent's place during the summers!  It makes it tempting to pack everyone back up and run away from the world!!!  Somebody stop me! 

9 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Great family picture.....Sophia has that same dress! ;) Are your boys ready for school, or have they already started?

Have has your neck and shoulder issue been.....mine is off and on....still trying natural herbal stuff.....sigh.....it is so frustrating.

Thanks for your sweet comment today....i can't wait for next July so we can all see each other again! ;)

Hugs,
Steffie

Nikki said...

Hey Kristi!
Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time at the beach.
ALL of our girls are lookin' so grown up all of a sudden. What happened?

Your family photo is absolutely gorgeous!

Hope you are well.
XO

Nikki said...

Hey Kristi! Can you believe I can't find your email address either???
My email is doc2109@wowway.com - would LOVE to hear from you.
XO
I'm off to work now...hope we can catch up later.
Nikki

Beckyb said...

I hear you - you never want those fun times to end! Such special memories - LOVE the pics!!

Sherrie said...

It was great getting to see you at the beach again. Thanks for answering al the questions about China. We leave in 13 days. I can't believe it is finally here!!!

Rebecca Lily said...

Beautiful pictures at the beach!! I've been visiting new blogs today, and noticing that EVERYBODY seems to be at the beach!!! :) It's definitely given me the "beach bug".

Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Love the pictures ... so adorable of everyone ... Emily and Maggie have that same dress ...

Missing all the girls ... can't wait to have them all at my house again !

i really need to email you ... school has started and I am having some issues w/ my thoughts about the past ... as soon as i get 5 minutes i will email ...

Carrie said...

Oh Kristi, your Anna is so beautiful in the first picture. She looks so tall! You have a beautiful family and you all look so relaxed!!!

Thanks again for your sweet words and thoughts. We are still waiting to hear the word on the transfer to another agency. Worst case scenario......we loose money but we still hold our spot on the wait list. I have enjoyed putting a family scrapbook together though in the meanwhile!

Katie said...

Hi Kristi! I just wanted to wave hi back at you. I love reading your blog and seeing Anna and the boys growing up! Hopefully we will see you next summer - if not earlier - at the beach!

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: