Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Amy Sings

She sings about everything.  Sometimes it feels like we are living in an opera as she sings her sentences or  her made up songs throughout our day.  The overflowing of her happy heart.   And does she ever feel the beat whenever there is upbeat music playing.  She bounces, shakes, or shimmies to the rhythm.
I remember back to our time with Amy in China.  On one particularly difficult day, Amy started singing in the bathroom, a little Chinese song. Made us both smile as I was helping her at the time. It was truly music to my ears.  I remember thinking:  if this broken hearted child can sing under these traumatic circumstances,  she is going to eventually be alright.   Things will one day be well with her.
 It was a gift....... as I believe the Lord knew we all needed a little encouragement.
I began to sing to her while in China especially when things were upsetting to her.  It worked in getting her to brush her teeth and wash her hands, or take a bath ( things she was not accustomed to doing)  as we tried to make it fun.
We had taken her a little music ipod filled with children's songs to China with us. When at our hotel,  she would sometimes put the ear phones on, go into the closet, shut the bifold doors and stay there for a few minutes at a time. Come out and check on us then go back in.   It may have been her "refuge" as she tried to cope with everything that was happening to her as best as she could.

 I remember twinkle twinkle little star was one of her first songs she learned in English.
It would often be in her version of Chinglish.  English and part Chinese combined.
Then when we got home she sang:  "Bah Bah Black sheep, Hammy Hammy wool."
                                                        " Old McDonny haddy farm.  E.I.E.I.O!"
                                                          "Jesa lova me a dis I know"
                                                           " Little bunny fooa foo hoppa trough a forra"
I wish I could have this all on video.  The only one I have is her version of twinkle little star that I posted in the past.  I miss her Chinglish as she is speaking all English now and she has pretty much lost her accents. She is such a smart girl as she continues to learn so many new words every day.
I have a cd with Bible verses put to music and she loves it. We do a verse per week and play/sing the song several times a day.   Planting God's word in her heart. It has been good for Anna too as it has refreshed her memory of these from when we did them years ago.  We are also listening to a children's cd with simple choruses and hymns.
I sing with her throughout our day and she loves it.

One of her favorites that she often sings now........ warms my soul every single time I hear her sing it:
"Everything's alright in my Father's house,
In my Father's house,
In my Father's house.
Everything's alright, in my Father's house,
where theres JOY, JOY, JOY!"

And let me tell you.  She sings it from a deep place.... as she endured but still remembers,  a place where.......... things were not alright.
But now they are. 
 And we are thankful every single day to have our singing, happy, thankful girl here with us where we can keep her safe, meet her needs physically, spiritually and emotionally while we love her unconditionally and pray for her to know ...way down deep.... that yes indeed this family is forever, and things will be alright for her......from now on.

Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.




No comments:

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: