Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Coming home

It is the middle of the night,or 2:00 in morning for us.  I have been ill with whatever scott had. Started cipro. Thinking and hoping the worst of it is over.  I have been cautious since scott fell victim……eating conservatively and in moderation.  Just sensing my sick number might be called.  And it was.  I felt it coming on this evening and set to work with Scott packing and getting everyone ready for bed.  I didn't say much.  We got the girls to bed, I used clorox wipe on the bathroom and toilet (knew I would be spending time in there and have my face near the toilet so I wanted it sanitary)  I am weird that way.  Went in and shut the door  and prayed something like this. Dear Lord, I feel crummy.  If this is your will for me, you know we have to get out of our room by 2:00 tomorrow and we have a plane to catch.  Could we get this done and over with? And it hit.  Then for the next , gosh I don't know how many hours as I am foggy, God met me, as I sat on the bathroom floor and in my sickness. and In spite of a splitting head ache His words came to me. The most comforting…..He is my refuge and strength. a very present help in time of trouble.  It was the most time He and I have had together since we got here.  And in spite of the misery of my stomach…….he helped me keep my eyes on Him and set my heart aright.  A lesson I have learned over and over on this trip.  His grace is sufficient.  Not for the week or the day, but for the moment I am experiencing.  Good stuff for someone like me who likes to plan and have things go just so. Someone who does not like adventure, and in fact spends plenty of time trying to avoid adventures or anything that is not on the agenda. Thus you must see that this whole adoption journey was a call from Him.  I could never….and I mean never…..step out to do this on my own. This is difficult…..but we know it is right.  Indeed His grace is sufficient.
2 corinthians 12:9/10
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power  may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I do need your prayers.  I feel as though I have a fever.  Really need for Anna and Amy to avoid this.  Would you pray with us?!  We so want to come home and need for them to be spared.  Also.  Let me share a conversation we had our guide have with Amy:

Guide:  You will be leaving to go home tomorrow! You will take two airplane rides to get there.
Amy:  That is not good, for I prefer the train.
Guide:  Yes, but you have to take the planes because the train does not go there.
Amy:  That is not good…..not good at all!
Kristi:  My sentiments exactly.
Soooooo…..what is worse than 14 hours plus another 5 hours on a plane?!  Riding on that plane with a high energy,Chinese speaking 6 1/2 year old who prefers the train and loathes flying as much as I do?!  Would you please pray for this also!!!!!!! Even though I am prepared with any and everything that one can do with a kiddo on a plane…...I'm thinking we need a miracle! A 14 hour sleep would be nice.

Please know I plan to blog when we get home.  Because of our strenuous schedule and lack of internet, there is much I would like to share but was unable.  Just give me time for coherent thoughts to return once we are home!

Also, about Amy's hand.  She is very capable. Can do most of what she wants.  Gets herself dressed, zips her jacket and even can put her own hair into a ponytail.  We actually call her octopus arms because she can grab and do things so fast.  She can sneak up behind you and poke computer in the blink of an eye!  I double dog dare  you to try to take her ice cream!

I should try to get some sleep.  But let me share another verse that has been important to us.  We believe it with all our hearts.  Isaiah 45:3
I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord , the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

Wesley and Will, batten down the hatches!  There is a storm blowing in from the far east and we call her Amy!  You will love her.  She will crack you up even if you do not understand a word she is saying!  If you think Anna is full of sas……you haven't seen sas yet! She will also get into your stuff! Don't leave your electronics about.   Be forewarned and do me a favor.  Put up my good stuff!  Out of reach.  If in doubt, move it!  

Mom and Dad, this girl needs her Nanny and PaPa more than you can know.  Our guides are all so pleased you live just next door.  God knew that and hand picked her for us.
He will heal her broken heart, and what a blessing to have you in her life.

Friends and family, 
Thank you for your prayers and support……words can not express our gratitude. We love you! Amy will be so blessed by you all.
Love,
Scott, Kristi, Anna and Amy





3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Kristi, I am SO very sorry that you and your husband have been sick. We are SO happy that you get to come home tomorrow. We will be praying for a smooth journey and a tired out and hopefully sleeping sweet Amy! ;-)

Blessings, Angela and the Bailey Bunch

darceygrandma2_4 said...

Hey Scott and Kristi, hope ya'll are feeling better. We are all excited to meet Amy and look forward to visiting soon.Beverly wants to meet her new cousin. Tell Scott we wish him an early Happy Birthday. We love ya'll and are praying for you.
Danny and Darcey

Steffie B. said...

Praying for safe travels and for all of you to return home safely. What a beautiful journey despite the sickness.....Amy will blossom more and more once you are home......I can't wait to hear more!

God Bless you all.....
Steffie xoxo

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: