Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, June 1, 2014

May 30th, Anna's Birthday

We just can not believe our Anna Faith is ten.  Double digits.  We knew it was coming, but when I think of how fast the time has gone, I want to slow life down.  Savor these years.  As my Wesley and Will  get ready to leave home, I know far too well how fast children grow up.
Anna I think about our time spent together homeschooling, reading wonderful books, learning new things, cooking, running errands together, and shopping at our favorite places.  I truly treasure these days.  I was thinking about the way you love to go sample perfume, hand soaps at Bath and Body works and to help me pick out Yankee candles.  You are a girly girl and I love that about you. You are always a little lady who likes nice smells and who likes to smell nice. More importantly, you like to be nice.   We have memorized this Bible verse  and talked a lot about it, prayerfully considering ways to make this true in our lives.
I want you to always remember it as I think it is a special verse for you and for me:

We are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:15

Anna Faith, our sweet and beautiful girl, who is wise beyond her years.  Our girl who woke our hearts up to the beauty of adoption.  Our girl who is the first one to help out, the one who knows the plans and keeps us all on track.  Our girl who is gracious, kind and encouraging.  Our girl who has helped one little sister in so many ways, we can not even begin to count.
We love you with all of our hearts, our precious Anna, you will forever and always be
Our Girl!

Happy Birthday!

Amy happy to celebrate with balloons and party blowers


Anna always has a book in her hand. Because we go to the library so often to get bags of books,  all the librarians know Anna by name and ask her recommendations on books they have purchased or are considering purchasing.
She is excited to have a Kindle!  It will be slap full of books in no time!

We went to a children's museum the morning of Anna's birthday.  Milking a cow.

Driving a crane and unloading the balls

Screaming

In this chamber thank goodness.  They registered 107 decibels together.
And that's loud. About as loud as a subway train says the decibel chart.
I have thought all along,  little girl screams can jolt one into an absolute panic!
.....now I have scientific verification.

Anna requested one of her favorite meals for dinner.  Hawaiian Pork, Rice casserole with extra mushrooms, green beans and Hawaiian Rolls.  

We had a store bought cookie cake but made homemade sweet cream vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: