Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Best Kind of Tired

I have been trying my best to make fun memories with the girls this summer. A simple list I had read in an adoption book has been one of my guides in keeping my focus as we work on grafting Amy into our family.
 1.  No hurts/felt safety   2.  Stick Together    3.  Have fun

We have had several good days in a row. A glimpse of things to come.  Her attention span is growing longer and she is learning how to follow simple directions, given one at a time. She really does want to please most of the time. She remains a bundle of energy!  One day was picture perfect.  We had gone to lunch and the library.  Came home read books.  Did a fun glow in the dark star craft which took several steps of waiting in between.  While we waited, we read more books, had a snack and painted some more.  That evening we stayed out late catching fireflies.  Came inside and had warm pound cake and cold milk by candle light. Amy also had her usual banana. Because we eat an early dinner,  I am giving the girls bedtime snacks every single night.  Amy knows it is coming and she looks forward to it. I want her to go to bed with a full tummy........ I never want this little girl to be hungry again! Felt the same way for Anna when we brought her home.
We turned off all the lights so we could continue to see the fireflies outside our window. Hung our glow in the dark stars up in their bedroom so they could glow all night. Goodness it was late by the time I got them to bed and I was feeling it.

 Amy was beside herself with happiness. Bubbled up like a big ole fountain.  Her joy poured forth as she hopped, twirled and smiled while saying the following with great feeling and excitement:
I lovva you mommia!!!! I love everything!!!  I love my room, I love my dress, I lovva you mommia!!!!
I love my shower, I love my cake, I love my stars!!! I lovva you mommia!!  I love my bed, I love everything, I love EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Oh yes.  Made every single bit of effort.......worth it.  I am sleeping good at night and for those of you who know me well.......know that I am not a good sleeper......never have been.  But let me tell you, knowing when you are in the middle of God's will.....when you see first hand the difference being made in the life of one of His little ones........there is a peace like a river, and a joy like a fountain......... that fills my soul.  I am going to bed at night feeling the best kind of tired. Anna and Amy are sleeping peacefully as well, looking at their glow in the dark star masterpieces as they drift off to sleep.

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

First step is to sponge black glitter paint

Next is the blue and purple glitter paint for our night sky

Amy liked the sparkly sky

Anna wanted her stars to be spaced all over the sky

I'm thinking Amy prefers a constellation

Proud of the finished product

Went in the pantry to see if they glow in the dark

More fireflies.....Amy assists Anna.....she doesn't want to touch them but likes how they light up

Warm pound cake and cold milk by candle light

View from their beds........fell asleep by the glow of their stars

No comments:

YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: